Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Wonderful" life in Suwon

Hi all, sorry for the lack of updates recently.  Every blog I've ever read always has some post that start out that way and I'll try my best to update more regularly.  I'll try to make it up to y'all with a video blog and pictures.  This week I basically just taught, explored Suwon, and hung out. I recorded this video blog on Thursday but Blogger has been giving me problems lately so I'll post it now, along with some pictures of my recent adventures.  After watching the video blog I realized I say "wonderful" about 1,000 times but I think that is just an indicator of how much I'm am enjoying my time here.  Jeff, dont' worry, the next blog will be video-less and about my Friday in Suwon and our Saturday adventure to Seoul.  I'll write it as soon as this blog processes and uploads.



These pictures were taken in Hwaseo Market, which I reference in the video blog.  It is probably a 2 minute walk from my house and it is just a giant open air market where you can get meat, fish, vegetables, and just about anything else you need.

There are tons of fish stands selling these giant fish and squid.

Imagine the smell.



Sorry for the sideways formatting, Blogger won't let me rotate them.  Just look sideways.

These pictures were taken at Hwaseo Fortress about a 10 minute walk from my house.  Suwon used to be completely enclosed by this really cool, fortified wall.  As you can tell, the city has sprawled out considerably since then.  I didn't see the whole fortress but these are some random shots I took.






Now for some pictures of students.  Also gives you an idea what the classrooms look like.
Admit it, they're cute.


The last two are of my favorite class which I teach everyday at 3.  They look surprisingly well behaved and attentive in these pictures.



Take it easy, but take it.


2 comments:

  1. Deep throating an octopus... Just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm digging the blog. It makes me want go somewhere. I like the videos too. Its cool to hear you talk and talk your experience in Korea. O.k. I'm going to catch up on these posts.

    ReplyDelete